A little background on Hemel Hempstead:
Call 01442 904 902 or Freephone 0800 880 6024
Hemel Hempstead has been inhabited since the 8th century and was granted a charter by Henry VIII in 1539. Although it's now often referred to as simply Hemel by its locals, before WW2 residents called it Hempstead. St Mary's Norman church is 12th century, and has one of the tallest spires of a parish church in Europe.